Friday, January 11, 2008

A Day of Firsts


So today was a day of "firsts" and what a fun one it was. Emma being the wiggle worm she is, made her way from one end of the crib to the other once again last night. Normally she's face planted herself into the bumper, i'll try and take a picture of that next time. Any who, this is normally how she greets me every morning.


Another first is that she slept on her side today during one of her naps (that was all her doing). She's becoming really good at rolling onto her side. It's only a matter of time before she masters rolling over completely.


Emma got this jumperoo from Grandma yesterday. I had to put a package of diapers under her cause her feet don't quite touch the ground yet. She seems a little uncertain of it, but i don't doubt she'll come to love it as she grows. (Just so you know mom, she's not crying in the second picture, she's smiling).


Today was also Emma's first day trying solid's out. It was banana flavored rice cereal. She did suprisingly well and seemed to like it. I need to get a booster seat though. In the meantime either Daddy will have to hold her or the bouncer will have to do.


Can any of you guess what Daddy's doing?;) (i love you brad). Anyway, i thought this was a cute picture. She laid there quite content while I got her bath ready. I really need to get Brad to take pictures of me with Emma. Jenni and I talked about how men just don't see picture taking moments like we do. So all the pictures end up with either just the baby, or baby and daddy. Come on boys, step up to the plate! ;)
Another first was that Emma spit up on my face today. Not in my mouth, but on my face. I wish i could have taken a picture, but i was home alone and didn't really think about it. Next time (if there is one...i'm usually pretty careful about that) i will get one.


Dad was down in provo today and stopped by for a visit. I guess he'd made Emma dance like this over Christmas, but i didn't see it. Anywho, it gave me a good chuckle today and so i thought i'd share it with you all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a STAR was born!!! Love the choreography, Bruce. When does the tour start? I'll be first in line:)

Sydney said...

Re: Brad- come on Chels... it IS the NFL playoffs
Re: spit up in face. I may be a childless singleton but I AM an auntie of 48. The first, yes, Stephen Randall, spit up in my face. He was a newborn and I was visiting Toni and Stephen and getting aquainted with the first grandchild. Lying on my back and holding him up over me he let one go. I turned my head in time to avoid a mouth-spit up connection but it did get me on the cheek. NEVER made that mistake again.
As always, she's adorable and love seeing her grow. Keep up the blogs (hopefully with more Chelsea/baby photogs :-)

Jennifer said...

Aren't they so much fun to play with they are our little toys. I'm still trying to hint to Daniel when he should take a pic of me with Aaron. Aaron also has to same bouncer and loves it. When we first got it we had to put a board game under him.

Susanna said...

Hi Chelsea, I'm glad you said hi. I loved finding your blog. Emma is beautiful!

joN. said...

hey you two! nice to find this place! cute kid and everything. oh and that's an awesome shirt brad. hey i tagged you guys. check out my site for instructions.

Rhett said...

My guess is Brad is watching the San Diego - Indy game.

I liked Brad's shirt too. I'm impressed it still fits him. I'm too fat for mine! Ha ha ha

Aimee said...

I'm there with you on the man picture thing. Neanderthals. Anyway....I've actually swollowed Enola baby puke. Baby's are pure I stole her powers. Oh don't be so grossed out.

Brad and Chelsea said...

Hahahaha! Oh aimee how i love you so!