Thursday, June 26, 2008

Story Time


The final pic of the mustache...i'm speechless...

So, as i told you in the last blog i had an interesting flight home. For those of you who don't know i was PRETTY nervous about flying with Emma. I was worried about how she would handle things and if i would be next to baby haters etc. Yeah, i know i'm so optimistic (i'm working on it people). So the flight out was great. Emma did great, the people were great and we made all in one piece. Well the flight home i was a little more comfortable since Emma had done so good on the way out, but i was nervous cause it was a packed flight which meant emma would be on my lap the whole time. Well we get to the airport and i feed her before we board and as i'm waiting in line with a TON of other parents and their young babies and children there's a woman at the gate desk looking posh and none too pleased. I didn't really pay much attention too her cause i was about to board. Well i get back to my seat and am trying to get situated with my bags (mind you i'm on the side of the plane with 2 seats) when i look up and posh girl is coming at me still looking irritated and says, "Um are you sure you're in the right spot?" and i reply with a smile, "yes." Then looking at Emma she says, "Isn't she suppose to have her own seat?" By then i'm getting nervous and so i kind of laugh and explaining how she's sitting on my lap cause i didn't want to pay for another seat. I then asked if she was the number of the seat next to me and she was. What she said next made my stomach drop, "Well i just want you to know i don't do kids, i don't like kids and i don't have kids for a reason, so..." Like what do you say to that?! I half expected her to tell me to find another seat. I was so scared and caught off guard at how blunt she was that i nervously laughed and said, "Oh, well, i'm sorry. She's usually pretty good, i'll try my best to keep her quiet, ha ha ha (nervous forced grin)." Yeah how awkward is that!
All in all it ended up being a good flight and she actually turned out to be a nice girl and she even admitted that Emma was cute and had won her over, but man alive she scared me at first! So yeah that was my interesting experience. Crazy huh?



So this was from a couple of weeks ago when emma officially began crawling.



Since we're moving Emma's been watching me do a lot of packing so i'm not sure if this is her trying to copy me, but its funny watching her chat away with daddy.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, she is standing so much better than Parker is, she is going to be walking soon!

maia said...

holy cow, she'll be walking in no time! and her little "hi" at the end was so cute. i love how when brad laughed she had this look on her face like, "what?". cute video.

Please Pass the Green said...

Dude, we forgot to do the movie thing on my blog again! Ha ha. Hmm. Next time? :)

Eddie said...

You're so polite.

When people are rude and blunt like that with me, I start to find ways to push their buttons and drive them mad. Not in a rude way, just little non direct ways.

Is that Brad or Magnum P.I.?

Anonymous said...

You have only been gone three weeks and it feels like an eternity. I can't believe how much she has changed in such a short amount of time!! This coming week will also seem like an eternity til I get there.

That woman was so blessed to have you and Emma to sit next to. She has no idea:)

Sydney said...

Wow Chels, I swear it was just yesterday when you were that small. She's crawling and standing beautifully! And the "hi" at the end was too too cute. Look forward to seeing you al lin a few short weeks.
xox,
Sydney

joN. said...

dude, that 'stache is even gloriouser than mine was!

Dad Risser said...

Put a cowboy hat on him and Brad could pass for someone from the 1870's. Wyatt Erp maybe?

Aimee said...

keep the stash paco. Why does Emma never come play with me I wonder

karla said...

Good for you on handling that potentially bad situation on the plane so well - you're great!

Eddie said...

Oh my GOSH! I can't believe she said that to you! Isn't that being Ageist? You should report her!