Monday, March 10, 2008

A Weekend of Family!

So we had a fun weekend this week. I now realize that the photo timeline is backwards, but I'm too lazy to change them. So anywho, we had a lot of fun visiting with Katie on Saturday and then having family night on Sunday. We love our family and feel so lucky to have some living close by. I can't imagine not living close to them...I hope one day we'll all live at least within the same state! Thanks for all the fun!

What is it about Jacob's bootie that draws kids to it like moths to a light. Maybe cause it's just so big! Oh Jacob, we sure do love you!


Uncle Jacob is one silly guy.


Hanging out with Uncle Jacob (Ashley, again, thanks for the cute onsie; it's my favorite on her. Where did you find the plain white onsies? I can never find them!)

So this next set of photo's are Rheanna and Emma wrestling. I think Rhea was trying to tickle her by biting on her sides. Then this fight ensued...



Emma comes off victorious (just like her momma...I always beat Rhean when we wrestle...although its been a while, Rhea we need to wrestle)! Check out Rhea's hair!

The happy little family!


Doug and Rheanna posing. No really, I waited for them to change but they said to just take the pic.


Brad didn't like this pic of him. I still think he's cute ; )


Playing Cranium for our family night activity. Check out a typical "Rheanna's losing" face. Simply priceless.


"What...what ya lookin at?"


Lil' cuddle monkey and Aunt Katie


So I feel bad when we eat in front of Emma because it's almost like it makes her sad because she's not eating what we are. So, I've found that if I give her a frozen green bean it tends to pacify her and make her feel included.


Sleeping beauty. I didn't use the flash because I didn't want her face to be super white and bright. She's so cute! Don't you just want to bite those cheeks?!


So Emma's learning to sit up on her own without support right now, but she doesn't like it too much when mom is out of sight for too long. This makes it a little difficult when I'm trying to get dinner ready. So I've found that if i sit her in her crib holding onto the railing (her crib is connected to the kitchen...the joys of one room apartment) she is happy to suck on the railing and watch me cook.


Lately Emma has been waking up earlier than 7:30am. She'll usually play in her crib till 7 and then cry for us to get her. Brad and I are still pretty tired so I usually grab a couple of toys and pull her into bed with us till 7:30. She loves playing in our flowered sheet.

I haven't posted a video in a while. Rheanna was about to leave when I was getting Emmers ready for bath time (it seems like that's what I'm always doing). Anywho, she was chatting up a storm with Rheanna and kicking her legs out and it was cute.

8 comments:

Ever + Kelsey said...

Hi Brad, it's Kelsey Parrish, well Gonzalez now! Your sister found our blog and told me I should check yours out to see your little girl. I think she's about my son's age, he's almost 7 months. You have a beautiful wife and daughter and I hope things are going really great for you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all the pictures! I'm not sure I've been able to download the whole video, but what I do get is adorable. Maybe someday we will all live in the same state. Heck, I'd settle for the same side of the the USA at this point.
I LOVE YOU ALL XOXOXOXOX

Jon Becca James said...

It looks like you guys had such a wonderful time! I love being with family. Unfortunately, we are about 1100 miles away from our nearest relative. C'est la vie.

btw, I made my blog private and would like to invite you, but I don't have your email address. Please email me soon at BeccasBlogInvite@gmail.com. I plan to keep this account active only for a few more weeks. I love you Chels! Love, Becca

Sydney said...

I love Emma's giggles, gurggles and coos! Very sweet.

Ashley said...

I am so glad she wears the onsie! I found the carter's onsie at a carters outlet. I was actually thinking of making Parker some short sleeved ones for the spring, would you like a couple for Emma? I have a few new designs in mind...

Aimee said...

Family Night? FAMILY NIGHT?! I see how it is. My fingers are uncrossed and we are fighting.

Jennifer said...

Love all the pics. I wish we lived closer so Aaron and Emma could play. All the kids we know are much too big for him right now.

karla said...

What a fun little onesie!