Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Zen



So, in my short life time, I have come to find MANY misconceptions concerning the "Mormon" faith. At times it was frustrating, but more than once, just plain comical. My personal favorites would involve that we have horns and sacrifice goats in the temple. What's even more humorous is that people actually believe it. Ok, well maybe it's actually sad, but one has to look on the sunny side and laugh, right? Well anyways, in case anyone who happens to stumble across this simple blog, the answer is no, we don't have horns nor do we do ANY animal sacrifices in the temple. They're done at home. JUST KIDDING!

In all seriousness we are Christians, meaning we believe in Jesus Christ, that He is our savior and redeemer and that it is only in and through His atoning sacrifice that we may be saved (not Joseph Smith--another misconception). When I was a missionary it always made me chuckle when people of other faiths tried to tell me what I believed in. That's where I discovered many false ideas of what people think we believe. Ok, now I'm just rambling.

Well, for those of you who are curious as to what members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (what the church is really called) believe, I have included some links on the side browser for your enjoyment. I highly recommend them for whether your curious about our beliefs or are just looking for answers to questions about life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me more comfort and guidance than anything else I've come across in life. So I invite you all to check it out. The worst that could happen is that you lost a few minutes of your day, but I doubt even that would happen. If anyone ever has any questions about our faith or just a religious question in general feel free to post it as a comment and we would love to answer it to the best of our ability or guide you to sources that might help.

I want to testify of my savior Jesus Christ. He truly did live and set a perfect example for us of how we should live. He suffered for our sins, our pains and sorrows, and even suffered death. But more importantly, I testify that He overcame all these things that we too may overcome them through His grace and mercy. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored in its fullness upon the earth in these the latter days, and that any sincere seeker may come to know for himself whether these things are true. I invite you all to seek, that you may know. And I can promise you a greater peace than you have ever known will come into your life, I know this because I have experienced it. So just give it a chance and let me know what happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say AMEN!!!. . .
and - I love you Chelsea (and your little family too)
XO times infinity

Jon Becca James said...

Thank you for your testimony, Chelsea! Isn't the Gospel of Jesus Christ wonderful? I too believe in Jesus Christ and his ability to save me. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His restored church, with apostles and prophets just as in the days of old. I am so grateful to be a part of it, to have the priesthood in my life, and to know that families can be forever.

Anonymous said...

hey,hermana,this is MISSINARIES, from N.J. COMO CIEMPRE USTED TIENE UN TESTIMONIO BIEN FUERTE,
COMO MISIONERO,TETIFICAMOS DE CRISTO Y DE SU IGLESIA RESTAURADA, TESTIFICAMOS QUE EL ALLAMADO AUN PROFETA PARA GUIARNOS EN ESTOS ULTIMOS DIAS,Y QUE LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS ES LA IGLESIA DE DIOS, Y EL LA DIRIGE POR SU PROFETA, THOMAS S. MONSO.
ESTE TESTIMONIO CRESE CADA DIA QUE LO COMPARTO CON MIS INVESTIGADORES,COMO LOS QUE SON DE NUESTRA FE Y LOS QUE NO SON,
ES UN HONOR PARA MI TESTIFICAR DE MI SALVADOR Y DEL SACRIFICIO EXPIATORIO QUE EL HIZO POR TODA LA HUMANIDAD, EL ES MI SALVADOR MI AMIGO FIEL,EL REDENTOR DEL MUNDO,
EL GRAN JEHOVA DE LOS EJERCITOS,EL ES EL QUE LEBANTA OLOS DE CORAZON QUE BRANTADO Y DE MANOS CAIDAS,EL ES LA ESPERANSA DEL MUNDO,AMA ESTE AVANGELIO POR LO MARAVILLOSO QUE ES..

Anonymous said...

ohhhh i love my Mormons...the girls are all cute and they are all very nice! and they actually spend time with thier familys! (geeze the crazyness) chelsea never told me i was bad no matter how much i strived to be, but she did try to convert me many times! but i must say miss chelsea you forgot the most common thing i hear "they all have 8 to ten wives! and marry children!". ohhhh i love telling people thats not true! but alas thats what you get when people learn from thier televisions sets. you and your daughter are beautiful! and the husband looks like a very nice young man!(good guys can win!)