Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Restless Nights and Great Escapes

So, the past few nights Emma has been more fussy than normal and at the same time has discovered an incredibly high-pitched scream that gets mom and dad to come running every time. It has sounded like she's in pain, and we thought she might have gas, but I haven't been eating anything different, so we've been quite puzzled by these outbursts. Well, this morning while Brad was letting Emma chew on his finger like she usually does, he felt something pokey. Upon further investigation, it appears her first tooth is coming in. Poor baby! It's been a huge relief to me, though, because I knew something was wrong but couldn't figure out what. Thank goodness for a daddy who loves letting his little girl chew his fingers!

Look Katie she's wearing the baseball shoes you got her!

Another funny first occured today, except both Brad and I missed it. Today after Emma's morning nap, I fed her and laid her on her play mat so I could get some things done in the kitchen. Well, for those of you who don't know, Emma is quite the thumb-sucker, and pacifiers are now just fun toys to play with. So I clipped her pacifier to the arch that goes over the play mat, figuring it would entertain her and that when she wanted it she'd pull it down for a good chew. Well she was busy babbling to herself when after a bit i realized she had gone quiet. I looked out the window space between our kitchen and living room, and to my surprise, Emma's missing. I thought, "She doesn't crawl yet and hasn't shown any desire to roll over any farther than her side." So I go out to investigate and sure enough she had rolled off her mat to just where I could no longer see her in pursuit of her pacifier. It was a most amusing sight, although I was bummed that I missed her first time rolling over.

How she was when I left her...


How she was when I found her!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Your daughter is so adorable! =)

Eddie said...

Boy she is so CUTE. I wish we could see you guys.

Eddie

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

She is just growing up too fast :)

Hey here's a great teething remedy...Hylands teething tablets, it's in a blue and pink package. They are a homeopathic method and work almost instantly!