Friday, February 15, 2008

Emma's Wild Adventures

So last week Brad gets a call from BYU asking if Emma would participate in a study being done on infants the age of 5 months. It's a study to better determine how infants process information by recording their brainwave activities during a presentation of various sounds and visual images. Emma did great and the researchers where suprised at how little she fussed. She even seemed to like the cap. One piece that's supposed to be on her chin eventually made its way to her mouth. After they took the cap off it looked like she'd been attacked by an octopus. Anyways, fun was had by all.







5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are so funny I suprised she only had one in her mouth. I like her thumb in her mouth in your valentines pic. We we get there to visit we will have to get Aaron and Emma together so they can play.

Sydney said...

I can't believe how "normal" she seems with all that stuff on her head! No fussing no mussing! What a girl. She has an academic future no doubt. Either that or perms will seem strangely familiar for the rest of her life. Love it.

Anonymous said...

What a trooper she is! I, too, am amazed at how she seems to be taking it all in stride. That's my Gran-Baby

Eddie said...

Holy Cow! That's double the amount of electrodes I would place on a full EEG study. The techs at Primary's would be impressed with how well she handled it. It's hard enough for me to place half that on adults without them whining.

Eddie

Eddie said...

I showed the pictures to a coworker and he's really impressed too.

*correction* I usually place about 1/10th that on adults, maybe less than half that on full EEG sleep studies.