Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy (belated) Halloween!

So Halloween was super fun! We went up to be with Grandma and Grandpa Newbold for the weekend and had a blast being with family. We went up friday afternoon and when we get there what should i realize i'd forgotten? My camera! Of all things to forget i forgot that. SOO SAD! So these are pics Katie kindly took that i grabbed off of her facebook page.

Emma showing off her Joey!
K, on a side note, i got this costume at an AWESOME price back in like the beginning of Sept. and i've been SUPER careful to keep it nice and clean. SO Friday Rheanna calls and wants me to bring Emma by her work so she can see the costume. Well when we were leaving Rhea's work i let Emma get into the car and was climbing in behind her (we only have a 2 door car) and she was playing with the center console like she always does. Well when i picked her up to take her costume off and put her in her seat, there's black grease stains all over her pouch and joey. I was so sad and rushed home to see if i could get it out with soap in water. No such luck...it didn't even fade it slightly. I was SO bummed. SO my mom called and i told her my problema and she recommended using WD-40. I guess she told my dad to use it on a grease stain he had a while back. So after i talked to my dad about how it went i nervously gave it a go. IT TOTALLY WORKED! So now you know how to get out black grease stains (oh, so i sprayed the spots, scrubbed with a toothbrush and then washed with soap and water).


So normally i'd throw out a pic like this, but it totally reminded me of those sensory camera traps that nature photographers set to catch pictures of animals.


My little roo!



Trick or Treating...and holding up the crowds. Izzy came along as a lady bug.


Family Photo





So like her Daddy, Emmers couldn't wait to eat her candy, wrapper and all. She was SO sticky!



Within the first house we went to Emma had a poopy diaper, and it STANK. Hence after only 4 houses we hurried home.


K, so for those who i talked to on Halloween know that my morning didn't start off so great. Anywho, part of it was because our basement apartment is infested by spiders. Most look something like this bad boy. So Emma's down for her nap i'm trying to pack and organize what to bring up to the Newbolds (cause we took a family photo on Sat) and so i try on a red dress coat to see if i should bring it. I take it off and toss it back on my bed and am looking over my clothes when my eyes come back to the red jacket. Low and behold what comes running out of the sleeve but this large brown spider. It pauses and then bolts across the bed. Normally i'm anti-killing bugs, but this one had no hope. Yeah, i don't know how he didn't get squashed when i put the jacket on, but what a Halloween experience no? Ugh...

7 comments:

Caitlinp said...

She's adorable! Sounds like an adventurous Halloween for you and the spiders. And I really like your hair cut, so cute.

Becca said...

What a cute kangaroo! I love baby costumes. Sorry about the spiders. We have them here too, though not as bad in our house as it was in our KC apartment.There we had an infestation of brown recluses--scary!

Aimee said...

What a great costume. I've heard about the wd40 too but have never heard anyone actually doing it.

Anonymous said...

Emma is just too cute for words. I want to hug her and squeeze her and love her......
(could've done without the spider picture - ugh)

Sydney said...

I had a great laugh about the sensory camera picture. I so agree! She's a cute roo for sure!

newby said...

2 observations:
1) the sasquatch pic is priceless.
2) the juxtapositioning of pure, cute, little kangaroo emma and ladybug izzy against sexy (read slutty) ballplayer chick and marie antoinette. visual proof of the world's going to crap faster than we thought.

Jen said...

awwwwwwwwww! emma's costume is SUPER cute!!!!